Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When CK came to town...


After six weeks in India, Cara spent a week with us in Germany before flying home to Chicago. It was nice--very, very nice. We didn't get a chance to sight-see like I had hoped (I love playing tourist in our own little corner of Bavaria), because the boys started school on the 16th, and since classes the first week are until 11:20 only, my schedule wasn't as flexible. But this may have been a blessing, because we had more time to talk and I listened without the distractions the boys usually create.


We did attend a bierfest--the Altstadtfest in Nürnberg (top photo). And Bob drove Cara through the Fränkische Schweiz for pumpkins and schnapps.

On Saturday morning, I drove Cara to the train station in Nürnberg, said Good-bye, and spent the rest of the weekend feeling sad. I miss her very much.

1 comment:

50 foot QE said...

Lovely pictures!
I know the feeling.
I miss her too.